Hello, and welcome to the first part of my Fallout Shelter Strategy Guide. I’ll give you hints and tips how to survive and make your Vault Dwellers to flourish. Overseer – failure to follow this strategy guide could lead to the termination of your Vault-Tec contract.
So – What is Fallout Shelter all about?
Fallout Shelter is a survival game, where you manage your vault as an overseer. You must expand your Vault by recruiting new dwellers and building new rooms while handling the daily troubles of Vault life. You get more room options when you get more Dwellers to your Vault.
Basics of surviving
- Take your G.O.A.T. seriously! Always assign right Vault Dweller for the right job. Check your Dwellers best SPECIAL attribute and assign him/her to the job where he/she is the most talented (eg. high Perception = Water Purification)
- Always react fast to the Incidents. Raiders will steal your resources as long as they roam your Vault, fire will expand and Radroaches will kill your Dwellers
- Kids and Pregnant Women are vulnerable to Incidents. So even a Pregnant Woman can work, she can’t defend herself. So – don’t let any room to be occupied by pregnant women.
- High Dweller Level = more hit points
- High SPECIAL stats = better Wasteland survivability, faster production, less incidents, more Caps (Luck)
- Explore, explore and explore! Wasteland is your main source of outfits and weapons
- All work no play makes your Dweller a happy boy. So no coffee breaks – give tasks to your Dwellers.
- Put three rooms horizontally together and upgrade them as soon as possible
- Rooms consume energy – no energy = no production
How to make Caps and gain Lunch Boxes
- You get Caps from the following places
- rushing production (High luck SPECIAL will give more and more often)
- exploring wasteland
- accomplishing missions
- You can get Lunch Boxes if you accomplish missions (or just buy them)
How to accomplish missions
- Raise the X SPECIAL STAT of Y Dwellers. Assign Dwellers to the right training room and train those stats. Note – sometimes you’ll get these missions even you don’t have the right training room available. If so, just remove the mission and do something else
- Assign Outfit or Weapon to Y Dwellers. Pretty easy – just assign a weapon to Dweller. If you lack weapons or outfits, remove weapon / outfit from Dweller and assign it again to different Dweller. Vóila.
- Stop Y Incidents. Just Rush productions and then put out fires and radroaches. Be careful and check out the health of your Dwellers
- Collect Y of X Resource. Pretty straightforward – just Rush your productions and collect resources.
- Make Y Couples Dance. Assign male and female Dwellers with high Communication SPECIAL to your Barracks. Wait for a while and magic happens. If you are trying to limit your population growth, remove either of the dancers to limit further exposure…
- Let Y Dwellers Deliver Babies. …or just let them dance and magic of life will follow. You’ll get a female in yellow outfit and within few our a child will appear. After few more hours you’ll have a young new lvl 1 Dweller ready for work.
- Assign X Dwellers to Right Rooms. Just match Dwellers highest stat with the Rooms Stat.
- Upgrade X Rooms. Pretty straightforward. If you wish to rush this, build one new room first, then upgrade it twice. Then build new same type room next to it and upgrade and repeat. You’ll get a total of six upgrades with only one new room.
How to make happy Dwellers
- Always assign your Dwellers to do some work. Staying in barracks or taking coffee breaks is not work.
- Make sure you have enough water, electricity and food
- Rush productions successfully – extra effort will make them happy
- Let them dance and take some private time behind the curtains…
- Start your own Galaxy Radio station
How to level up your characters
- This will level up your Dwellers
- Dwellers gain experience and level up when they produce something
- Exploring wasteland will give you experience
- Rushing production will give experience
- Defeating Raiders and Radroaches and putting out fires
- This won’t
- Training Dweller SPECIAL stats will only increase stats – not give experience
- Taking coffee breaks or hanging out in barracks
- Guarding Vault door
- Waiting outside Vault
This should sum up the basics. It’s time to move to Vault management part. Please continue to the My Fallout Shelter Strategy Guide part 2 – The Wasteland Survival Guide